About Turkey e-Visa
The Turkey e-Visa is a mandatory electronic document allowing to enter the country. It was introduced by the Turkish government in order to simplify the process of obtaining a visa. This way, foreigners can apply online instead of attending the Turkish Embassy.
Turkish e-Visa can be issued in two types: a single-entry one for a 30-day stay and a multiple-entry one for a 90-day stay. Travelers are able to visit Turkey for tourism and business purposes, though for employment, it is necessary to get a regular embassy visa.
The application process takes place entirely online. All needed is to follow simple steps: fill out the form, attach supporting documents, cover the visa fee, check inbox, and print out the approved visa.
Depending on the traveler’s citizenship, Turkey e-Visa can be valid for up to 30 or 90 days.
Types of e-Visa to Turkey
Turkey online visa is issued for tourism and business purposes in two types:
- single-entry allowing to stay for a period of 30 days;
- multiple-entry permitting a stay of 90 days.
Note that you cannot use Turkey e-Visa for other purposes. Business purposes involve business handling, negotiations, and attending conferences, but not employment.
If you are going to work for a Turkish company or study as a student, you will need a regular visa from an embassy.
How to apply for an electronic visa to Turkey
Turkey e-Visa application process is available to citizens of eligible countries and can be completed online in just a few minutes. It is quick and easy, with the following steps to guide an applicant:
- Fill out the online application form. In order to do that, you should provide some personal information, like name, surname, nationality, passport details, flight information, travel purpose, and active email address. You should type all the data very carefully, as any mistakes or errors can cause delays and issues. Make sure to double-check every line with your information.
- You should type all the data very carefully, as any mistakes or errors can cause delays and issues. Make sure to double-check every line with your information.
- Attach the necessary supporting documents in relatively good quality so all the data would be clear and possible to read. The list of required documents may differ depending on your citizenship.
- Cover the Turkey visa fee using one of the available online payment methods. You can make the payment via your debit or credit card. The cost for every nationality may be different.
- Print out the Turkey e-Visa to have a paper copy of the travel document on hand when officers ask for it at the borders.
The processing of the application form is usually about 19 hours. However, it may take up to three business days, so you should apply for a Turkish online visa in advance to get the approved document on time.
Note that every traveler must submit a separate e-Visa application form, even children. Turkey e-Visa application for underage travelers is made by their parents or guardians.
The validity period of your Turkish e-Visa runs from the date stated on the application. You can enter Turkey on any day within the validity period.
The validity period of the e-Visa for Turkey varies depending on the country of the travel document. Citizens of some countries may stay up to 90 days, while others may stay up only to 30 days.
You cannot extend your electronic Turkish travel document or overstay under any circumstances. That may lead to fines or cause deportation. There is a possibility that you will even be banned from future travels to this country.
Requirements for Turkey e-Visa
Requirements for obtaining a Turkish visa online depend on the applicant’s citizenship.
The basic technical requirements include having a working device (phone, tablet, laptop, or PC) with a stable internet connection, the ability to make online payments, and an active email address to which you have access.
A mandatory document required for citizens of most countries is a valid passport. Its expiration date must be at least 60 days beyond the intended period of stay.
Other supporting documents include:
- a valid visa or a residence permit from one of the Schengen countries, the USA, the UK, or Ireland;
- a hotel reservation and a return ticket;
- a round-trip ticket with AtlasGlobal Airlines, Onur Air, Pegasus Airlines, or Turkish Airlines;
- proof of having at least US $50 or the equivalent in foreign currency for each day of stay in Turkey.
You may need some or all of these documents depending on your country of citizenship.
Requirements on arrival
When traveling to Turkey, you must have two documents with you in order to enter the country:
- a valid passport (effective for at least six months);
- a paper copy of an e-Visa to Turkey.
At customs, officials will examine these documents and decide if you can enter Turkey.
Note that if you intend to enter Turkey only for transit purposes, you don’t need an e-Visa providing that you won’t leave the transit zone. If you intend to leave the transit zone, you still should apply for a Turkey e-Visa.